Look! It's a blog! Watch it grow as you feed it posts and comments...

Notebook

| 25 June 2007
Purchased a new notebook this week. It was a nice and simple male type shopping trip...
"Watcha got that's really powerful?"
"This one right here..."

Specs:
ASUS F3JR
Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 (2.0 Ghz)

2 Gb DDR2 Ram
Mobile Intel 945PM Express Chipset
120Gb SATA HDD
DVD±Rewriter Double Layer
ATI X2300 (384Mb + 512Mb dynamic memory)
15.4" WXGA Colourshine (1280x800)
DVI, VGA, S-Video Output
1.3 Megapixel Webcam
Wireless A/B/G
Bluetooth V2.0 +EDR
7-in-1 card reader
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium
Microsoft Office 2007

If your confused by all that, it's basically sitting in a place that isn't top-of-the-charts, but is incredibly powerful for a student notebook... 90% of the performance at 50% of the price...

The only thing I wished this had but it doesn't is a fingerprint reader... But I only want that for humour value... Toshiba notebooks have them as standard now, but this ASUS really caught my attention because it was just what I wanted.

I don't plan on using this to replace my current PC for those of you that might have hoped they might get it. I plan on re-formatting this older thing because it's getting very... er... sick at the moment and this new notebook will be a storage space while a do the job... (Granted, I could have stored my minute quantities of data on my brother's computer... but that thing is a bitch!). Also, I'm thinking of dual-booting this thing with Linux... Which will be a new experience for me (I have always run my copy of Ubuntu from a Live CD...).

Hope you're all having fun on your holidays so far!

3 opinions:

Anonymous said...

OMG!! 2 POSTS IN 2 DAYS??????

James, are you okay???

rapture1024 said...

Just filling you in cos we're all on holidays.

Also the holidays get boring quickly...

But not when I actually get the notebook... Then I'll have plenty to do! (Store's holding it till tomorrow. Doing settings and such...)

Anonymous said...

very nice notebook. awesome performance as well, ive always like the Asus notebooks they seem to be designed pretty well.
Linux is much better installed. i never went for the live CD thing. The new version of Ubuntu that comes out later in the yr looks sick and i like Fedora Core as well.
have fun with ur new toy
-JD