Look! It's a blog! Watch it grow as you feed it posts and comments...

What can I get you?

| 01 October 2007

So I finished my Responsible Serving of Alcohol and my Food Hygiene Certificates on Saturday. I can now apply to jobs behind the bar and legally sell people alcohol, assuming that I'm selling it to people with adequate ID and all that jazz... Also part of my course was a basic coffee making lessons and wine appreciation. Turns out Cappuccino's and Latte's are almost exactly the same, just I fold the milk with a Latte (and I've also got to be careful not to destroy the crema).

And while the bar downstairs burst with roars of excitement when a favourite team would kick a goal, our group was pulling beers, foaming milk, sipping wine and breaking glasses. For a lovely change, I didn't see a single minute of the grand final this year due to my thoroughly enjoyable and very worthwhile course. The purpose of this is to lead into part time work for after exams and university, and I've already applied to several places including the place I was training at, the Belgian Beer café; even if it's a little annoying to get to (I hate public transport).

Today, while in the process of trying to backup Izzy's Tablet, I stumbled across something which has distracted me for a couple of hours now. While virtual desktops aren't original, the 3D cube model of them is relatively new, and my notebook now takes on a whole new flippy feel as I whir around the box. A separate background on them all helps me remember which desktop I'm on, handy! Only a few things I need to get used to, one of them is checking conversations in other desktops, because they don't make noise when they aren't on the active desktop. Nevertheless, I can see this as something that will change my productivity process. Have a screenshot of my computer, flipping between the desktops:

5 opinions:

Anonymous said...

Cool as!

What program???
I tried installing Linux to get that, but it fucked my boot files, so I had to reformat...

rapture1024 said...

I'll chuck it in the box down the bottom when I get a chance!

Anonymous said...

Ubuntu had it first which then means that windows stole from Mac and Ubuntu, soon they start steeling people!

rapture1024 said...

Windows didn't steal it, some developer did. Just like Mac stole peoples freedoms!!! :P

Anonymous said...

its only for xp :(
that really sucks u know...
its almost worth upgrading my tablet to vista for... when they have a tablet version...
xx