Look! It's a blog! Watch it grow as you feed it posts and comments...

My Holidays/Christmas

| 09 January 2007
Had a nice relaxing time over in South Australia, apart from their television ad's. Almost every day was over 30 degrees so I spent a lot of time at the beach. I went fishing three times and caught three large squid which is a pretty good haul this time of year. Also went spearfishing but the water was unusually quiet and only managed to spear a small skate (like a stingray, but no barb with poison).

For Christmas I got my new phone (which I've had for several months anyway), a skim board (and it's evil, I have cuts all over me) and many other things you expect to get for Christmas (underwear for example). New Years Eve was a quiet one, but we had heaps of fun covering ourselves with the stuff inside glowsticks and making our hands glow.

Also my sister came and visited from America. It had been about five years since I had seen her last so it was good to catch up again. We had heaps of fun at the beach.

When we got back, our cable modem had finally died. It was about five or six years old so it was time for a new one anyway. Optus told us that it was dropping 20-30% of packets which would be seriously affecting internet performance (yup, we didn't have any internet at all). So we had a Motorola Surfboard 5101 installed by Optus. The guy that came over also tuned our connection for maximum performance and the overall results are very noticable; I now feel like we have Cable Internet again.

My to-do list is building up again but I'll do my best to get it all done, I am on holidays after all. I think the next review will be on UltraVNC - a program thats used to view a screen or use a computer across a network (or internet if you can be bothered setting it up).

1 opinions:

Doomsayer said...

So you didn't meet a Steve Irwin-like fate? Damn. Those stingrays are ferocious at this time of year.