Look! It's a blog! Watch it grow as you feed it posts and comments...

Time constraints

| 10 December 2006
Due to time constraints, and me being a lazy bugger, you'll just have to keep on waiting for IE7. I just can't be bothered starting it at the moment because of other 'time-sensitive' projects (don't act like my next review is THAT important to your life).

Yesterday I decided to get off my lazy ass and try to wire up these two 25W spare speakers for camp (we need some tunes, dude!). They came with our TV when we got it but we also bought a home theater system, so they became redundant to the setup... and have been laying around for a year. Being small and having a low power output (meaning I don't have to put as much power in) I figured they would be fine being plugged straight into mp3 player. They are fine, unfortunately the volume isn't (On max volume the audio is at a 'normal' level).

Hence my quest today to gather parts for a small, battery powered amplifier. Found a design in one of my electronics books and it has no specifications of power output. Just hoping for the best. I'll build it tomorrow and we'll see if it provides enough (or too much, though I strongly doubt it) power for these sexy, silver speakers. Knowing that batteries don't grow on trees I've also allowed room in the tiny case I want to build it in for a socket for a power adapter. However I totally forgot to factor in a 9V battery into the case, so the battery will have to dangle from it (inconvenient to say the least).

I'll post again tomorrow to give final details of this little sucker and hopefully something about IE7 (in seperate posts I think).

2 opinions:

Hawley! said...

if it's for camp why don't you just take some computer speakers, less effort than making and amp.

rapture1024 said...

Here's my reasoning:
I don't have any spare computer speakers. I'm going to have to do something with these extra speakers eventually anyway.

I just finished building, I'll post later on about my results and hopefully pictures and sound...